Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Have troy bilt rider horse when iease up releasing brake

Customer Question

have troy bilt rider horse when iease up releasing brake pedal motor dies ran ok 2 weeks ago but i didnot wash it down after use machine very dirty
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Will your engine die, if you attempt to engage your blade? This is only a troubleshooting question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not even able to get to that point to see if that happens-when I take my foot off the brake the motor dies
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Many times when this problem occurs, your seat safety switch is at fault. Check to make sure the wires are securely attached to your seat safety switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wires are tight also when iengage emerceny brake it slowly eb comes out &moter dies
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Let's try something. Remove the wires from your seat safety switch, and try your mower again.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

How many wires are attached to your seat safety switch?

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wires off battery is week not enough juuice ihave to go out of town @1130am can i get back to this eve? also phone would be easier for me
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Our site does offer phone call service, but there is an additional fee for this service. If you would like to try it, I can send you a link to it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
quess i will type thanks also 2 wires under seat
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Are the two wires yellow?

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Please take a look at the page I attached for you below. Let me know if this matches your seat safety switch, and wires.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Click on the link above, to open the page.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can continue, after you return later this evening. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Donald-I have just now been able to get back to my tractor-had some emergencies-going to go out now to try what yopu said-will get back to you-
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Take your time. I hope all is well with you now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
update jumped battery motor starts &runs with 2 yellow wires off when i release c/b petal 1/2 way motor dies does same with wires on. acts like it chocks out without using chock you can hear it in the motor when petal is releasing
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello Bill. Thanks you for checking. I would like for you to try something else for me. Disconnect the two yellow wires again. Depress your c/b pedal, and lock your parking brake. Start your engine, and try engaging your blades. Let me know if your blades will start up, and continue to spin.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi donald last nite we took off inter lock switch & i ordered a new one that was the next part in line tracing system from the rear of machine ill get back to you when its installed thank you bill
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for letting me know. Did your blades run, after you disconnected your two yellow wires?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont know switch was removed before igot your message
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Okay. No problem.