Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Craftsman Snowblower Mo. 247.889570, I need a short

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman Snowblower Mo.###-##-#### ***** need a short block and instructions on putting it in
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer I am researching your engine and so far I have found the complete engine for sale but the price

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/mtd-all-products-parts/952Z265-SUA/0071/247/model-265SUA/0736/1503500.html

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Changing these engines isn't too hard you have to remove the belt cover and there is 4 mounting bolts to the engine , once those are removed the motor can tilt and belts can come off , for what they are charging to replace this motor can I look for a cheaper alternative for you ?

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Ok , I found a short block for you

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/mtd-all-products-parts/951-11062B/0071/247/model-265SUA/0736/1503500.html

Do you have the belts off etc , there 4 bolts holding the engine on and the heads may be on the underside , which means you have to remove the bottom pan and use a extension and socket to het to the heads of the bolts . Being a short block you will have to swap some parts off your old engine and put them on the new engine