Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Can't find a replacement blade Toro Power Handle edger. Any

Customer Question

Can't find a replacement blade for a Toro Power Handle edger. Any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Model number? See link above,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Curtis, You sent me two eBay links which appear to be the same product. One listing gives the double-D dimension as 41/64" x 3/8". My Toro blade measures 1" x 5/8" so your suggestions won't work for me. Thanks for trying, though. Gary
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You are dealing with 30 year old edger. And parts are not available. You will either have to modify the hole on a mew blade, with file and grinder or, use old blade and weld on new ends! Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You wrote, "...parts are not available. You will either have to modify the hole on a mew blade, with file and grinder or, use old blade and weld on new ends!" This is not a realistic answer. Nobody is going to file a 3/8"x5/8" double-D out to 5/8"x1". And it's absurd to think you could weld on new blade tips and ever hope it to be balanced, leading to wearing out the shaft bearing as well. The reason I wrote is I thought an expert might know of other sources I could not find via Google for a NOS or used blade. I assure you this is the first and LAST time I will use Just Answer.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Good luck on your search.

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gary , my name is ***** ***** I want to try to help you find the correct blade for your edger , do you by any chance have the model number of the edger ?