Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I ran gas in my leaf blower. I should of ran gas / oil i was

Customer Question

I ran gas in my leaf blower. I should of ran gas / oil i was told it was blown up i purchased a new one when i got home with the new and old one i put a new plug and added oil to the old one and it works. I called up where i purchased the new one and said the old one works fine They said they will not take back the new one. AND THAT THE OLD ONE WILL blow up soon. is this true ??
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

How long did you run your old blower without a proper mixture of oil and gas? Is your old blower performing to your satisfaction, now that you have added the correct fuel/oil mixture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure how long my guys ran it. But it wouldn't start. So I brought it to service center who said it was blown. Not true. It sounds a little different But it's running at full power. Cost 400$ To purchase
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to bring back the new one based on them telling me the old one was blown. But they said it will not work for long. What do you think
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this information. I have a suggestion for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is your suggestion?
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I suggest that you start your blower and use it for fifteen to twenty minutes. At this point it will have reached full operating temperature. If your blower will continue to operate at full power, beyond this time frame, then it will be okay.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Keep in mind that heat causes expansion. So, if your blower will continue to operate, after it reaches full operating temperature, this means that the damage from the straight gas wasn't too extreme.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Just make sure you use the correct mixture from this point on.