Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Honda GVC 160 pressure washer that has no pressure.

Customer Question

I have a Honda GVC 160 pressure washer that has no pressure. It has been sitting in my garage (florida) since last summer. This is the first tine in 4 years this has happened. Motor sounds like it is running fine...
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

This sounds like the unloader valve in the pump is stuck causing you to have no pressure or pulsating pressure. This can happen while sitting in storage if you don't use a pump saver to prior to putting the machine away for storage. The pump saver helps to clean the pump and lubricate if for proper storage when in off season storage. You may be able to remove the unloader valve and clean it good and make it work again, however you may end up having to replace it. It is important to remove the seat that is just below the valve as well and make sure that it is clean.

If you can provide the model and serial number from the frame of the machine I can help you with more specific information.