Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

When turned on the back up buzzer comes on really weak and

Customer Question

When turned on the back up buzzer comes on really weak and cart does nothing.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

RXV is 48 volt cart. What does battery pack read with voltmeter? Fully charged, would be around 54 volts! Does the charger show to be working when plugged to cart? When pedal is pressed,do you hear solenoid click? Rxv has electric brake, on drive motor, does brake release when unit is turned on and pedal pressed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's 53.5. Charger works and batteries are charged. Brake clicks and releases when turned on. When put directly into reverse buzzer sounds loudly for a second, then to this weak buzzer which doesn't change in any position unless turned off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Solenoid does not click when pedal is pushed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Does battery voltage drop when you go to reverse and buzzer drops tone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get back on it in a little while. I'm thinking it could be the encoder/speed sensor?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Bypass solenoid and see if it will move

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do in a little while. Got a little busy.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No drop in voltage. Do you want me to jump across the 2 large cables on the solenoid/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Occasionally everything works perfectly, then after it sits it goes back to the described condition.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the two large cables on solenoid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that supposed to spark? Because it did, so I stopped immediately. I've jumped them on gas carts, but not electric ones. Is the spark no big deal?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Both cables are positive, and the connection is the same as what the solenoid does when it closes. Large spark would not be good sign! Spark means that something is on, or stuck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jumped solenoid and no spark and nothing happened. Also tried it when cart was acting correctly with same results.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

On RXV , first thing that has to happen for unit to drive, is the electric brake has to release. When unit does not run does the brake release? Is the release solenoid getting voltage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You hear it release. We also changed the electric brake with no change. As stated earlier, sometimes the cart is fine, then it starts in with this weak buzzer and no action. When it's acting up and turned on you hear brake release just before the weak buzzer.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Weak buzzer tells me there is low voltage. I'm thinking bad connection or cable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the weak buzzer is going on you can let it continue and soon it will stop and cart is fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The buzzer is ONLY supposed to sound when in reverse. It is on in any mode except "off" when cart is messing up.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Maybe someone else can help. I don't see a solution from where i sit. I will opt out, sorry.