Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I can run my zero turn mower all day at low or middle

Customer Question

I can run my zero turn mower all day at low or middle throttle but when I run it at high it starts to die like it
s running out of fuel. The engine is a 25hp Kawasaki snapper. I've changed gas caps, put on 2 coils, replaced the carb solenoid and those actions don't help. I need help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. I will need to ask you some troubleshooting questions as we go.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

How long has it been, since your engine last performed to your satisfaction?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A few months
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your response. You did not mention your fuel filter. Have you replaced it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not replaced the filter
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I do apologize for the long delay in responding to you. I had to re-boot my system. If you still would like to receive a phone call, I will be happy to assist you via a phone call.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

How long has it been since you last replaced your fuel filter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never replaced it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mower cranks up fine and runs with throttle in lower setting with no problem.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your response.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

There is a possibility that you have a clogged high speed jet in your carburetor. This could explain why your engine seems to be running out of fuel, when you are operating your engine at higher rpms.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I do have some suggestions for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good what are they?
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

It is very likely that your carburetor needs to be cleaned, but I would like for you to try something first, that may work for you. There is a fuel additive called Mechanic In A Bottle that have worked really well for many people. I suggest that you replace your fuel filter, and add some Mechanic In A Bottle to your fuel.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Try this first, and if it does not resolve our problem, then you will need to consider cleaning your carburetor.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Please click on the link above. It will open up the website for the Mechanic In A Bottle.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

You have already replaced your fuel shut off solenoid, and you are getting fuel to your carburetor. So, this leads me to believe that your carburetor is at fault.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can continue from here.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

You can purchase Mechanic In A Bottle at your local Tractor Supply Co., or Home Depot.