Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I HAVE A NEW 226HD75S HEDGE TRIMMER FROM DAY ONE I HAVE HAD

Customer Question

MY NAME IS***** A NEW 226HD75S HEDGE TRIMMER FROM DAY ONE I HAVE HAD STALING AND HESITATION PROBLEMS THE PLACE I BOUGHT IT FROM ( DANVERS HARDWARE DANVERS MA ) LOOKED AT IT AND COULD NOT FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM THEY PUT A NEW CARBURETOR AND THAT DID NOT REPAIR IT THEY GOT ME A 2ND NEW 226HD75S AND THE 2ND ONE IS GOING THE SAME THING I PURCHEST THE BOTTLE FUEL & OIL MIX FROM THEM CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS
***********
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Todd, my name is***** will be assisting you.

How old are these machines? How much fuel have you run through them? Do you know if the dealer tried to adjust the carburetor on either machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE MACHINES ARE NEW, I HAVE RUN 2 1/2 CANS OF HUSQVARNA FUEL & OIL MIX, THERE SMALL ENGINE MACHANIC LOOKED AT BOTH UNITS BUT I AM NOT SURE WHAT HE DID OTHER THAN REPLACING THE CARB
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

A lot of times it will take two - three tanks of fuel run through a machine before it will actually come up and run at full potential this is somewhat of a break in period for the machine. If after running that much fuel through and you are still having the issue then I would look at carburetor adjustments. These carburetors come from the manufacturer of the carburetor and are supposed to be preset to run on the specific machine that it is going on but I have found that more and more often the carburetors are exact and do require a slight adjustment once the machine has been run a little. I would again normally recommend 2 -3 tanks of fuel prior to considering any adjustments. Even with a brand new carburetor you could still have the same issue, same goes for a new machine.

Can you tell me which carburetor you have on this machine? Brand? Any numbers off of the carburetor itself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I LOOKED AT THE CARB BEING A AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC MY SELF AND I DO NOT SEE ANY ADJUSTMENTS THAT CAN BE MADE, IF YOU CAN TELL ME HOW TO ADJUST THE CARB I WILL TRY THAT
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I will try to help you with that but I need to know what brand of carburetor you have and if you can find the numbers that are stamped on the carburetor it would be helpful. Most likely the adjustments are under plastic plugs that keep just anyone from getting in there and messing with them. If you can give me the carburetor information it will help me to get you to the right locations for making adjustments.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Is it a rotary style carburetor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM NOT SURE, I DO NOT HAVE THE UNIT WITH ME TO DAY I CAN BRING IT INTO WORK WITH ME TOMORROW
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

If you can gather that information it would be helpful to me, I will be able to better assist you.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I went back a did a little looking and it looks like your model machine was made with a rotary valve carburetor.

If you look directly in the center of the plastic rotary valve you should see a plastic plug pressed into the center rotary valve. If you can pull that plug out there will be a small adjusting screw down in there. You can turn it out about an 1/8 of a turn and try it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I WILL TRY THAT TONIGHT AND GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU TOMORROW THANK YOU
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

No problem, just come back here and you can continue our conversation at any time.