Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Lawn tractor automatic transmission model 917.288561 has

Customer Question

Lawn tractor automatic transmission model ###-##-#### ***** lost power purge transmission 8 times with no results it will move of you don't step on pedal fully.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. I will need to ask you some troubleshooting questions as we go.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Your mower have a Tuff Torq brand transmission. I do have some suggestions about some things to check.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

First check the condition of your drive belt. If it is worn, loose, or slipping, this can cause our problem. If your belt is good and tight, you will need to check the oil level in your transmission. Also, check to see if your oil is contaminated.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Make sure that the bypass lever on your transmission is fully engaging and disengaging, and is not restricted, due to a build up of dirt, and debris on your transmission. Also check the control arm on your transmission, to make sure it is fully shifting into forward and reverse positions.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Check the rod that goes from your pedal, to your transmission. Let's make sure it is not bent or distorted.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Geo, we can continue from here. Thanks!