JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have this engine (GCV190 LA N5B) on my pressure washer and

Customer Question

I have this engine (GCV190 LA N5B) on my pressure washer and it DOES have a centrifugal compression release built into the plastic cam.
It about took my arm off and broke the starter handle when I last tried to start it.
What I found was a huge clearance - maybe 3/32" - on the exhaust valve. There was so much clearance that the compression release would not even move the exhaust valve as teh engine was turned over.
Readjusting the clearance solved the problem.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Did you have a question about your machine?

Yes, the valve clearances will affect whether or not the compression release actually works or not. In your case since the clearance was so far out of proper adjustment it was causing the compression release to not work which would explain the hard pulling and the starter handle broken.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that. I saw where the forum couldn't solve a problem and stated this engine had no compression release. I think you should correct your answer on that forum page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see no link to request a refund for my comment, which was made so you could correct an error on your website.I also think you should have processed a refund. I responded to an error on your website, and needed no answer. You should pay me the $14 for pointing this out to you.