Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Troy Built Pressure washer with a & S 8.75 Ready

Customer Question

I have a Troy Built Pressure washer with a B & S 8.75 Ready Start engine. It is pullling gas into the oil. If I drain the oil and gas tank and then refill with oil and start with fresh gas it will run but the same thing happens next time I go to use it.
The unit is basically useless.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It sounds like you need to rebuild your carburetor. It is leaking fuel through it and dumping into the crankcase which is causing your problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That the best you can do? The unit is basically new. A rebuild should not be necessary.
Bill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stop don't call don't charge my card!!
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

New or not it doesn't keep this from happening. Your description of the problem tells me that this is what's happening on your machine. If it is less than two years old the manufacturers warranty may cover the repair but it is not a guarantee since a lot of manufacturers will not cover fuel related issues anymore under warranty.

I am sorry that this is not what you wanted to hear but it is the only reason that you would be getting fuel into the oil or crankcase like that.

I will forward your information to a moderator who will review this post and make a decision on charges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
I expected a more knowledgable answer not a general one that basically repeated the complaint.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I explained to you what was happening and what you would need to do to fix the problem. I don't know what more you expected.

There has to be something keeping the float valve from sealing properly, this is the only reason that you would have fuel getting in the oil or crankcase.

I have forwarded your question and this post on to a moderator for review. They will be the one to determine charges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you didn't get what you expected out of this. I hope that you will still consider using the services provided again as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably not.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

One of the moderators here will be getting back in touch with you, or someone from the billing department in regards ***** ***** if any.

Have a great weekend!!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You too.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Please do not provide a rating of your experience it will only create additional issues in billing. Wait for contact from one of the moderators or billing services. Once you provide a rating it is a lot harder to keep you from being billed for services, just a heads up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Someone should be back in contact with you shortly in regards ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never heard back from you about the billing
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I will apologize to you for that. I have no control over the billing or charges for the site all that I can do is forward your concern on to a moderator again at this time. Someone should get back in touch with you from the billing department.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I just sent another request for a moderator to get back in touch with you. Hopefully you will hear back from one of them soon.