Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Drivebbelt replacement on raptor. Looks like it takes an act

Customer Question

Drivebbelt replacement on hustler raptor. Looks like it takes an act of congress to change. Any ideas
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Can you provide your model numbers for me? With these numbers, I can better assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure of the model of your Raptor, but you can begin by removing your deck belt from your pto clutch. Then unplug the wiring pigtail that goes to your pto clutch. This will allow your drive belt to slide over, and off your pto clutch.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

If your old belt is still in place, makes notes, and takes pictures of the routing of your belt, before removing it. This will be a big help to you, when you are ready to install your new belt.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

You will need to work from underneath your mower, from the rear of your mower. It will help if you can lift the rear of your mower off the ground, and safety block it up. This will give you more room, as you are working.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

You will see an idler arm, with an idler pulley attached it it. Your idler arm will also have a spring hooked to it. The opposite end of your spring, attaches to a point on your frame. Your idler arm and idler pulley, keep your drive belt tight at all times.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

If you unhook your idler spring, your drive belt will loosen enough for you to remove it. You can loop a piece of rope over the hook end of your spring, to assist with pulling your spring enough to unhook it. I would use a piece of rope that is long enough to give you sufficient lever for pulling.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Remove your belt from both transaxle/pump pulleys first. This will give you more than enough slack for your belt to slip over, and off your pto clutch.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

After you post your model numbers, I will likely be able to get you some images. We can continue from here. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!