Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Portable gas generator - Sat two years while recovered from

Customer Question

Portable gas generator - Sat for about two years while recovered from the big "C". It starts okay with the chock on full, and when I begin backing the chock off, the governor starts to get jumpy and then the engine stalls. It will run okay at half choke.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Have you removed the carburetor and cleaned it , it most likely has the brass center jet that screw in that is partially blocked oe gummed up . That jet has between 6 to 8 pin sized holes in it that need to be open . You will have to hemove the carburetor , disassemble it and spray it out completely with gum out carburetor cleaner

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi have you have a chance to rove the carburetor and spray out the Jets etc