Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

Our new Generac 22kw started during a half hour outage last

Customer Question

Our new Generac 22kw started during a half hour outage last week, but the load was not transferred until about 30 seconds later. We had a three hour outage this morning and the generator started, but power to the house did not come on so I turned generator off to wait until Monday to contact out electrician. Any suggestions for me to try in case we lose power tonight? Thanks from Larry
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

If the genset is starting, but just not transferring power to the house, you can manually trip the transfer switch.

There should be clear instructions on how to do that in your Owner Manual.

The handle is inside the transfer switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hank, The answer you gave me did not solve the problem. It ended up to be a very simple fix. I just went to the generator and opened the small door on the side. The breakers had been tripped which would not allow power to be transferred back to the house. I reset the breakers and have had to more problem. Thanks for trying to help. It is possible that I could contact justanswer in the future, but I would appreciate it if you would take me out of the data base so I will not receive email unless I request it. I just want to keep my incoming mail to a minimum. Thanks, Larry