Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Deere hydro 175 I'm needing to loosen bottom shaft bolt to

Customer Question

John Deere hydro 175 I'm needing to loosen bottom shaft bolt to where I can drop the clutch down to replace idler puly to replace puly there's not enough room electric clutch is in way is the bolt a left or right hand thread to loosen
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

The bolt is a standard right hand thread, it is fine thread. You may need an impact wrench in order to get it loose, I have had good success using boxed end wrench and hammer to jar it loose, once loose it will spin right out with no problem. The trouble is that most of the time the entire crankshaft wants to turn when you are trying to remove this bolt.