Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have an NP-30G generac, what happen was that the magnets

Customer Question

I have an NP-30G generac, what happen was that the magnets on the rotor came loose and of course it is not available any more. I found a machine shop that was able to glue them back in place and balance the rotor. I replaced the stator and the CCG board all other components test ok according to the service manual but when I start it up in accelerates up to speed stays there for less than a minute and shuts down its only reaching between 92-96 volts. I've adjusted the throttle linkage according to the manual no difference in voltage reading. Could the problem be in the distance that the magnets are spaced from the stator?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
phone number XXX XXX XXXX
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

It's possible that the magnets are too far from the stator, which would result in a weak magnetic field, and low output voltage. But that should not cause the unit to shut down.

What you are describing sounds more like a bad genistor.