Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2006 gator ts with a fe290 Kawasaki brand new

Customer Question

I have a 2006 gator ts with a fe290 Kawasaki brand new motor. Gator idles fine and will rev fine slowly but if you mash the gas to the floor it dies. Any tips?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Check the fuel to the carburetor from the fuel pump. Is fuel filter clean? Ts shows electric pump, is it running and delivering fuel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't checked fuel filter but it is getting fuel. It will set and idle and I can slowly give it gas and it will rev up and stay revved. It is when I mash the gas to the floor in one big sweep that it dies
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I would replace the fuel filter, and check the supply to the carb! I would not take it for granted. It takes small amount of fuel to idle and to run at no load, much more required when horsepower is needed.