Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

40 kw generac generator starts runs erratic then quits.

Customer Question

40 kw generac generator starts runs erratic then quits. never comes to speed
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Check the throttle linkage to verify that it moves freely. Verify that you have the correct gas pressure per the manufacturers recommendation. Gas company can verify this for you. It' s not something that can be guessed at. Let me know how all of the above goes if issue is not resolved and we can continue. Thank you, Ken

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** you don't know. Big help. Already checked the obvious turns out to be the control board not sending the right voltage to the electronic governor.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

That is so kind of you, hope you have a great day. Good luck with your repair. I was taught to start with the basics when troubleshooting. Always works for me.