Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

With a strong battery, my mower makes a half turn under

Customer Question

With a strong battery, my White mower makes a half turn under ignition, then stops. It has always stalled the starting like this, but it would continue on to start. Now it stops. I can push it by hand to turn past the sticking point, but it will just make the half turn and stall again.
How can I fix this.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

What is engine make and model? Briggs single cylinder OHV? Have the valves been adjusted to around .004 inch>

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The Briggs Intek engine can have bad compression release, making it hard to crank. Compression over 100 psi, would indicate that it is broken, and camshaft would have to be replaced.