Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an old Mastercraft Model 190402 tiller. Picked it up

Customer Question

I have an old Mastercraft Model 190402 tiller. Picked it up from a friend that moved away. Tried starting it with no results. He said that it was serviced a few months ago. Need help in starting this machine
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Remove the spark plug and with it grounded to the metal of the engine, see if you have spark. If plug is wet, engine is flooded, if dry, not getting fuel!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the cylinder, re-install the spark plug and see if it will fire.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The 190402 is the first part of the Briggs engine model number! It has another set of numbers to identify the engine parts, example(###) ###-####B1

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Is there a fuel bowl under the fuel tank? Is the shutoff valve open?