Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I just changed the hydraulic oil and filter on the hydro

Customer Question

I just changed the hydraulic oil and filter on the hydro gear boxes . whats the best way to get the oil back in ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** you are still in need of assistance, I will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Your transaxles are made by Hydro-Gear. There is a an oil fill port at the top of your transaxle. You will need an Allen Wrench, or an Allen Bit to remove the plug that screws into your oil fill port. It loosen counterclockwise.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Please take a look at the image I have attached for you. It shows the location of the plug.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I will also attach a link to a Free Hydro-Gear Service for you. It will explain the proper procedures for changing your oil, and also shows the location of your fill port, as well as, the correct type of replacement oil, and the correct amount of oil..

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

After your manual finishes downloading, scroll to Page 11 (Fluid Change Procedures). Also take a look at Page 12. It explains the Purging Procedures. After you re-fill your transaxles with oil, you will need to purge them, in order to remove the trapped air from them.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can continue from here. Thanks!