Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

My Karcher K5.650 is about 3.5 years old and has worked

Customer Question

Hi ***** is about 3.5 years old and has worked perfectly for cleaning the cars and our pavements. Last week I thought it odd that the engine was running whilst I was not pressing for output. Up until then the motor only ever operated when delivering high pressure water. When I did operate it the pressure seemed a bit less than normal. Then I noticed that a degree of water was escaping from the bottom of the unit. So I'm thinking that something might be loose or cracked. Have no tools to access the working parts to have a look. What do you think?
Melbourne, Vic. Australia
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Hello John,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

A leak will cause a pressure loss which will cause the motor to run to try and build the pressure back up which due to the leak it cannot when the leak is great enough, this will also lead to reduction in pressure and flow from the gun. The unit will need to be taken apart to locate the leak, then if repairable it can be fixed which will resolve the problem. For instance a gasket or seal leak, but a cracked housing would be something you could try having welded but usually requires replacement.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.