Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a Ariens Rer tine tiller Model 901028. I am having

Customer Question

I have a Ariens Rer tine tiller Model 901028. I am having trouble doing a cold start . I got it going today once and than it stopped.
These are the steps I took:
*Checked the fuel and topped off..
*I put the machine in Nutraul.
*Turned the machine to ON.
*I put the choke to half way.
Now the fuel line...do I push it up toward the sky to open the fuel line or do I push it towards the ground to open it??
Should the throttle be all the way to the right or to the left?
I kept pulling and pulling the cord but nothing fired.. Is there a vedio on line that shows all the steps to take for this model and..where all the different settins should be???
Thanks so much
Sincerly Sore Arms...
***** *****
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Susan , my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. On the fuel shut off there should be a sign or emblem with a gas can with a circle around it and through it meaning no gas , on some of them it's on the part you move .

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Does yours have the sp 270 Subaru engine ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,
It is a Ariens Precision Tiller SP-170 6.0 Subaru. I put a picture on the add a file..
Thanks
Sue
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sue , the top one is the choke , when cold slide it over to the left pull it a few times then slide it to the right . The gas levee looks like it is open so the carburetor is getting fuel