Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Husqvarna push mower with a Kohler XT-6, 149cc

Customer Question

I have a Husqvarna push mower with a Kohler XT-6, 149cc engine. Engine will fire but then dies out. I have replaced gas with new fuel and I have cleaned spark plug. Advice?? Thanks in advance, John
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi John my name is ***** ***** well . Welcome to Just Answer. It sounds like the carburetor could have the main jet partially blocked , or water or debris in the bowl , have you drained the bowl etc yet ? Also how long has it been since it last ran good ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I drained the fuel tank and then replaced the older fuel with new gasoline. Exactly what do you mean by "bowl"
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Behind the air filter housing is the carburetor. The carburetor has a bowl that has fuel in it

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

When did it last run ? ?