Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a almost new troy built pressure washer that I loaned

Customer Question

good evening, I have a almost new troy built pressure washer that I loaned out.
When I went to use it for the second time, it started without incident and ran fine, however when I hit the trigger for the spray nozzle it spurted water for a second and then the engine started bogging down.
I shut it down and released the water hose to relieve the pressure.
is there a check valve somewhere?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

There is a relief valve in the system, but before diving into the pump, have you removed the trigger gun and checked the trigger and nozzle for debris? Sounds like the outlet is plugged! If we need to go further, I need the model number of the unit, so I can find breakdown of the pump. If you have manual showing parts, look for relief valve and spill/unloader valve.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have taken the valve body apart, removed a few small bugs from it and resembled it. I then noticed the screen was missing from the hose inlet.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

!! Have you removed the outlet hose from pump and turned it onto see if water flows? If not,go back and check the pump manifold for debris!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check that tomorrow. thank you. so if it flows there is a blockage in the high pressure hose?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Correct!