AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical,
53189252

Toro ecx my first 3 zones wont turn on but the last 3 will.

Customer Question

toro ecx my first 3 zones wont turn on but the last 3 will.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the battery and unplugged the power. Then replugged it in but still have the same problem.
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

In order to see if the issue is with the program or with the modules, please take the wires off of zones 1 and 2, then remove 5 and 6 as well.

Then connect the wires removed from 1 and 2 to the 5 and 6 locations. The commons should all be together and nothing needed with them.

Then you can activate the 5 and 6 zones to see if the 1 and 2 zones come on.

This will tell you if the zone valves are good and operational.

If they are good, then you can put everything back to its original positions.

If you need Zone modules, you can get them through Toro--CLICK HERE for replacements

Now if you have any open spots for modules, you can install new ones in the 7 and 8 position if needed also, as I do not know how large your unit is and the total slots available for the modules.

If you have a voltage meter, you can also measure each terminal on the non working zones.

Set the meter for 24 volts, then put one lead on the terminal and one to the common terminal.

Turn on that Zone and see if you read 24 volts.

If you have 24 volts, there is a problem with the wiring or the valve, if you do not have 24 volts, it is the module failure.

Let me know how it progresses and we can continue as needed. Wanted to provide as much information as possible to start.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did as you instructed and put 1 & 2 wires in 5 & 6 slots. No luck. Then i tried it with 3 and had no luck. What's weird is 3&4 are on the same module and 3 doesn't work but 4 dose. Also they all worked Saturday although I did have to manual start twice before it turned on. What's throwing me off is 1-3 stopped at the same time. Thank you very much by the way.

Ok,

If they did not work on 5 and 6 slots, then it is either a wire issue or the valves.

I suspect a loose connection.

Usually the commons are all connected together at one location possibly with a wire nut.

Get all the commons together and redo their connections and see if that cures the issue.

You can also put, 5 and 6 onto the 1 and 2 position to test, if they work there, then the problem is definitely in the wire connections somewhere.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.
Otherwise, if you have all the information necessary-please don’t forget to perform the rating,
so that I may receive credit for assisting on the situation.
It is appreciated