Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a Sears model number 536. 888-6120 came with a 5

Customer Question

I have a Sears model number 536.(###) ###-####came with a 5 horse motor I took that off put a 8 horse motor on. The eight horse motor is too large for the the shifter peg for speed to be mounted on the inside on the forward part of the arms, so I put it on the outside on the back so everything's reverse, reverse is actually forward and forward is NOW reverse as it reads on shifter display Graf. since I moved it I don't get the right speed when I go forward she crawls it its very slow. I did not change our move the friction plate or wheel, and the area both clean
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer.

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

I did the same thing on my personal craftsman snow blower . I had the 8 hp with the tracks which were from a 1989 , the tray and tracks were failing so I bought a 5 hp body thinking it would be a easy swap , it wasn't . I had to change the handle bars , ended up changing the front auger etc , had to move the gear shifter etc . And had the same issue as you , it's all reversed

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

I ended up making it so my shifter could go far right past the handle bars so I could have a suitable forward speed , but it has to do with the friction drivev

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

The first picture is my gear pattern , then the second see how far the shifter is on the right ? I had to change the bracketing so the shifter could go far as possible so I could have good forward speed