Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a similar engine, the number is pw6esa16996. It seems

Customer Question

I have a similar engine, the number is ***** It seems that the carb is gunned up from non-use over the last 3-4 years. Help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  staircaseman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will offer some suggestions.

If it is the carburetor, and it sounds like it may be, you can try cleaning it with aerosol carb cleaners available at any auto parts store. You may not need to remove it completely. You may only have to remove the fuel line and the carburetor bowl (if it has one) and spray the cleaner into every hole and opening that you can reach. A word of caution is in order. First, these sprays tend to be dangerous and all safty precautions found on the can must be followed. Second, carb-cleaners can sometimes damage plastic or rubber parts, and these must be removed before using the spray (read the instructions to be sure). Others may be safe for such things. Read the label. (If the carburetor is a diaphram type, some sprays may damage it.

Now, the best way to clean a carburetor is to take it off and disassemble it as far as possible and then use a dip type cleaner (such as Berryman's), also available at auto parts stores. This stuff can be very caustic and should be used with caution and a thorough reading of the label.

But I have not been able to identify your engine from the information you included, so I can't say how to remove it from the engine. Can you provide any other information that might help?

Steve