Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

The transmission case came loose from my motor. I've

Customer Question

The transmission case came loose from my motor. I've re-tightened the bolts but now the engine is hard to turn over and will not start. Has the motor shaft been bent? Or would you have any other thoughts
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Need the model number of the mower. Troybilt XT does not identify the unit. Push mower or rider? Transmission should not be attached to the engine,???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model TB83KXP (not XT) Self-propelled lawn mower. The case I referred to is actually appears to be the lower case of the engine Again it is a Kohler engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Kohler makes many models, the engine is not identified in the mower model. Model number should be on the engine cover! If you tightened the lower section of the engine, it is very possible that the engine is binding! You may have thrust washer inside engine, that is now out of place!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Here is XT 173.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Try loosing the bolts, turn engine until it feels free, then re-tighten the bolts.