Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My stapler stopped putting out staples and only air. There

Customer Question

my stapler stopped putting out staples and only air. There are staples in the slide.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  staircaseman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist.

First, when you pull the trigger does the piston work (the blade is visible where the staples come out and then retracts, but no staple comes out).

Or is there no movement by the piston.

Does the air leak out the head (vent on top of the piston)? Or does the air leak out the area where the staples come out? Or is the leak in the vicinity of the trigger? Or none of the above.

This information will help to diagnose the problem.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of those things are happening. It was working fine and then just stopped sending out staples. Still sends out air and the piston works fine.
Please refund my money!!!!!

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I was asking those questions because they may indicate the nature of the problem you are having - the answers can guide me to a solution for you. If you want me to proceed with my recommendations I will be glad to, but I do need a bit more information.

If you don't want me to continue I will turn this back to the list for other experts to answer.

Thanks,

Steve