Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

The motion control left side of my Husqvarna Z4219 stopped

Customer Question

The motion control for the left side of my Husqvarna Z4219 stopped working. Still able to reverse and go forward using the right motion control bar, but unable to make the machine go forward, reverse or to the right using the left control bar. The machine has about 62 hours on it. Any ideas if the problem is mechanical or electrical?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  staircaseman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will try to help you with this problem.

I understand that you have checked the linkage, but Have you checked the IZT linkage that when disengaged allows the mower to be pushed or pulled? There is one each for the right and left trans-axles. It may be that the left one is engaged and the right one is disengaged, and this could cause the problem that you describe. They are located on the rear of the frame of your mower. You can find the parts on page 33 of your manual, and page 24 of the parts diagram, the link to which I have included.

http://cdn.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSI/HUSI2009_AAaa/HUSI2009_AAaa_130937_.pdf

I hope this is the problem because it is an easy fix. Others may not be. Please let me know if it works. If not we can look at something else.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Steve. The linkage was checked and it seems to function. (I disengaged it to manually move the machine).
I'll try pulling and pushing it back to make sure it didn't somehow separate.

Yes, please let me know the result. The # ***** hours on your machine don't suggest a failure of the hydro motors, but in these times anything is possible. The fact that you disengaged them prior to the problem suggests the problem is with them somehow.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll be back with you soon.

Will be looking forward to your reply. Have a great day.

Steve