Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 42" Ariens 936060 gear tractor and the mower blades

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 42" Ariens 936060 gear tractor and the mower blades won't engage when I put the lever in the correct spot. My son noted that he did run over a large rock last time he used it, so I'm wondering if he damaged something or if there's just a safety or quick check I can do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

The first thing that I would check is the belt to make sure that it is still on all the pulleys and that it is not broken. Then I would look at the blades to be certain that there is nothing lodged in them or they aren't bent and hitting something that would keep them from turning.