Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2-yr old ZG124E. It ran rough mowings, then lost a

Customer Question

I have a 2-yr old ZG124E. It ran rough for several mowings, then lost a few RPMs for a few seconds as I put it away. Now it will reluctantly start with the choke out but dies soon after the choke is opened. I checked fuel filter and fuel pump output. All seems fine. Is there a carb adjustment that has shifted over time? Or?
Thanks for any help.
Jack Tatom (###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.

This engine does not have carburetor adjustments, it is all fixed jetting. It sounds like you have picked up something in the carburetor that is restricting the fuel flow through the carburetor. If you can keep it running with the choke on or closed you could try running some Seafoam through it and see if it will come out of it. However you most likely are going to have to remove the carburetor and thoroughly clean the jets.