spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect
65057319

My RZT50 with a Kawasaki 22hp engine is running rough. It

Customer Question

my RZT50 with a Kawasaki 22hp engine is running rough. It starts fine but while running it will stall out. I have changed the plugs and fuel filter but no better.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

Could you get me model and serial numbers off data tag,,usually located on frame or under seat

Click here for data tag.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)
I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model Number: 17AI2ACP010 RZT 50
Serial Number: 1F138G20153
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for info.

Do you have a spark tester?

If you do one at a time check spark at each plug do you have spark to both plugs?

Remove outlet line from fuel pump and run into a bucket crank over and make sure you have good flow yes/no?

Let me know

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

If you don't have a spark tester use a old plug and set on engine to make sure you have good blue spark to both plugs

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up to see if we resolved the issue, what it was ,or if you need more info.
I would appreciate a reply so I know you are happy with my assistance.
Thanks
spanky

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't had time to check what you told me to check yet. One question though should the fuel filter be full when it is running
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Not always,,especially if you just changed it,,, takes time to bleed all air out,,if you want loosen outlet and let it fill all the way up,,then if you have air it after that would not be correct.