JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I just received a new club cadet self-Propelled Yard

Customer Question

I just received a new club cadet self-Propelled Yard Vacuum/Chipper/Shredder Model csv070. I cannot seem to get the drive control to engage the wheels. I have adjusted the cable as indicated in the manual but it hasn't worked. It is possible that the speed control was moved as I unpacked the unit. What can I check further?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Have you verified that the belt is on all the pulleys properly? I would hate to think that it would come from the factory and not be assembled properly but it can happen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John, I checked the belts and they are all set. I believe that the problem is in the Hi/low speed control. it was moved while the engine was not running and there is a yellow warning sticker that says "Don't move controller lever until engine is running." I didn't see the sticker in time and there is no mention of the warning in the operator's manual. I think the controller is stuck between gears and there is no description in the book on how to correct the problem. Any suggestions?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Try moving the speed control to high speed and see if it won't make the unit operate then you can move it back to slow or low once it is moving.