JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I'm trying to start a 725 craftsman rotary lawn mower,

Customer Question

I'm trying to start a 725 craftsman rotary lawn mower, model###-##-####that has been inactive for about 2 years. The mower was brand new and used only 3 or 4 times. I'm using the pull cord and it'll only kick over then die.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Most likely the carburetor jet is stopped up from just sitting. It is not allowing enough fuel to pass through it to keep the engine running. What you would need to do is remove the bowl from the bottom of the carburetor by removing the nut or bolt that is in the bottom center of it, clean the bowl and then turn you focus on cleaning the three holes in the bolt or nut that holds the bowl on, these holes are the main jets for this carburetor. There are two parallel to one another in the sides near the bottom or head of the bolt and the third is down through the top center if the bolt. Be certain that these three are thoroughly cleaned and reinstall bowl and nut which should take care of your problem.