JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Husqvarna tractor briggs twin engine, new battery, ammeter

Customer Question

husqvarna tractor briggs twin engine, new battery, ammeter fluctuates from +10 to -5 and battery runs down. new battery has right specs but had to put it in backwards for pos to pos because posts were on opposite sides. ran ok a couple of times but then I noticed it running mostly -5 then +10 until i engage electric blade clutch, then -5 again until dead battery. I changed v.r. couple of years ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Based on the information that you have provided the first thing that I would look for is an intermittent short or ground possibly in some of the wiring. Then I would check the charging system to verify that it is working properly which can easily be done with a volt meter.