JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Robin engine eh29c has major power lose on acceleration, it

Customer Question

robin engine eh29c has major power lose on acceleration, it is starving for fuel. Has clean tank new carb and fuel pump but seems low on vacuum to pump?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

The fuel pump has to be working otherwise the machine would not run at all. Does it run good for a little while (10-15 minutes) and then start acting up or does it act up right away when first started?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Runs ok for a few minutes once warm no power.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

So the engine is not running out of fuel and stopping it is just low on power once warm. I would check the valve clearances to make sure that they are set properly as if the clearances are a little tight when the engine is cold they will get tighter as the engine warms which could be holding the valves open longer than it should and would cause a power lose as well as poor acceleration.