Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I did what Freeman said and it did not help...I left a

Customer Question

I did what John Freeman said and it did not help...I left a long explanation on the "what have you tried so far?"
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Did you also try adjusting the high side carburetor screw as I recommended? Also, I recommended that if neither of those things worked that you would need to remove the carburetor and thoroughly clean and rebuild it. Have you done either of the other things that I recommended other than just checking the fuel lines?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm no mechanic. I can't rebuild carburetors.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Based on the information that you have provided up to this point, I believe that you are going to need to have the carburetor rebuilt. The fuel lines were okay based on your checks, you have tried to adjust the carburetor and it has not helped the problem. There has to be a problem in the carburetor, either the screen inside the carburetor is stopped up or the rubber diaphragms that pump the fuel through the carburetor are not working properly.

I will opt out of your question at this time and allow for one of the other experts here to follow up with you if any one of them may have another suggestion or something to add to our conversation.

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** well , thank you for using Just Answer, I'm sorry your having trouble with your saw , if it sat with gas in it for 6 months there's s very good chance that the carburetor is blocked up in one of the air passageways or the internal fuel screen . I understand some customers are more comfortable than others with taking carburetors apart etc . To be honest the carburetors for most of these weedeater , chainsaws etc are alot cheaper than they used to be , you may be able to replace the carburetor and save time and money trying to rebuild it , do you gave the model number of your saw , that way I can look up your carburetor and price it