Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

I have a spring actuated pto that will not disengage when

Customer Question

I have a spring actuated pto that will not disengage when lever is in off position. Stanley
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Have you checked for any broken or missing parts that would pull the pto back to a disengaged position. Can you provide a model number from the machine? It would help me so that I could better assist you. Normally with this style pto there has to be something that pulls the pto back to disengage it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello John, All parts look in place. There are oval heads on the outer end of the springs. Are these adjustments?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I don't see anything that tells me that these can be adjusted. I can't get access to a breakdown of the twin disc assembly that will help me to tell you much more about it. I am going to opt out of your question which will allow for one of the other experts here to maybe pick up on it and offer suggestions other than what i have at this point.

Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, did you look under the seat for model number? What make (Sears,Troy Bilt)?