Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Deere model L130. I changed my battery out and I'm

Customer Question

John Deere model L130. I changed my battery out and I'm having trouble finding where a double black wire with a female connector needs to be connected (Photo 2). I do have a purple wire connected to the bottom of the starter solenoid. On other JD models
next to the battery there is a connector that has the two wires (purple and double black) connected to it.(photo3) On my L130 model there is no connector next to the battery.(photo 4) The purple wire is connected to the bottom of the starter solenoid but the
black wire is disconnected and I do not know where that wire is supposed to go. (photo 1 & 2) Photo 1 is my L130 with the purple wire connected to the starter solenoid. Photo 2 is the wire (actually double black wire with a female connector). This is the wire
I do not know where to connect. It is the wire and connector sticking up in the middle of the picture. Photo 3 is my other JD with what i described earlier as the connector next to the battery. As you can see the purple wire and the double black wire is connected
here. Photo 4 is the L130 and as you can see there is no connector next to the battery to insert both the purple wire and double black wire.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I can't make out the pictures, they are too small. but the black is ground on all the L100 series mowers.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

It either goes to ground, or to safety switch , to compete the safety circuit.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Look here.