AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical,
53189252

I have a chamberlain garage door opener model # WD 962ev

Customer Question

I have a chamberlain garage door opener model # ***** 962ev serial #362315200243. The problem is when it is plugged in to 110 volt outlet after a few seconds the aux light bulbs go on and off and a clicking sound accompany's . I have tried resetting the error codes and this does not help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

On the opener where the up and down arrows are located, can you identify if the LED's are blinking and post the sequence of each?

What exactly is being done to "reset error codes"?

Does the opener do anything when the wall button is pressed?

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The up and down triangular buttons go on when the garage lights go off and when the garage lights go on the up and down buttons lights go off. There is no pattern to the on and off sequence. A light on the wall control flashes on and off and not coordinated with the garage lights. When I press the wall switch, nothing happens.
The instructions for to erase the codes are to hold the learn button for six seconds and the LED will go on. This procedure does not work , no matter how long I hold this button down.
No matter what I do there are no LED lights lit.Thank YouHenry

Ok, thanks for the information Henry.

When holding the learn button for six seconds as in the instructions, that completely wipes out the opener memory of all devices such as remotes, keypads etc and it no longer will operate with any of them.

It doesn't erase error codes, it erases all memory.

If held twice in a row, it will completely wipe the memory of everything

So for now, lets try to get it operating with the wall button and then we can add any remotes later.

Is the battery connected now? If not. please reconnect everything that was disconnected previously.

Since you have the instruction manual, you will use it as well as the picture picture posted

Lets get the opener back to its original setup and start there

1. Does one safety eye have a green light lit and the other an ***** *****ght lit?

2. Follow the procedure on page 35 to activate the wall control

Lets start with the basics there and let me know what happens and we can proceed further

Thanks