Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Curtis sent me a link to a servise manual model fx751v

Customer Question

curtis sent me a link to a servise manual for a model fx751v engine i need one for a model fd75od-aso4 that i have. i all so need to know on coils do i need to put a ground wire on one of the hold down bolts like in some drawing, or just the kill wire
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Just kill wire, the coil is grounded through the mounting bolts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does it mater which way the kill switch terminal is pointing down or up when installed
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

It may make a timing difference in the way the coil mounts!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok im starting to get confused again. at first i wasn't geting any spark on left side of engine as your looking at in from behind. i got a new coil put it on and it did not fix tha problem. then i noticed one side had the kill switch terminal down and one side up. i turned the new coil to match the one on the engine, that would be down. i know have spark on both sides. but know i noticed i have two #2 coils. motor runs fine but when i turn key off motor keeps running. i even ran a wire to one of the kill terminals on the coil and touched it to gound still ran. in some of the documentation u sent me i found a section that said kill switch terminals should b pointing out or up. when i switched them now i have no spark on either side. now so u
you will have all information, this mower used to have a 22 hourse motor on it but someone put a fd75od-as04 on it wiring is a little different. do i need to have a #1 and #2 coil or can i get away with two # ***** coils is the only difference the direction the wire comes off the coil or is there other differences
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

coils are different!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You need a # ***** and a # ***** they will not interchange.