JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Wirings and connections arranged as per manual. Motor

Customer Question

Hi All wirings and connections arranged as per manual. Motor running with cutter switch engaged does not operate cutters. Cutter motor tested by hot wiring and motor operated as normal.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

When you are referring to cutter motor, exactly what are you referring too? The electric clutch maybe? If it is not operating without hot wiring then the most likely reason is that you are not getting power to it. I would check for voltage at the electrical connector where the clutch plugs into the tractor wiring to see if you are getting voltage there when the system is engaged. If you are then it could be a grounding issue with the clutch, if not then we need to figure out why you aren't getting voltage down to there.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

As I had stated prior, if the only way that it will work it to hot wire it then you need to look at why you are not getting power to the electric clutch without hot wiring. I would start by checking voltage at the connector where the clutch plugs into the tractor wiring to see if you have voltage there when the engine is running and the pto turned on. If you are not getting voltage there then the clutch will not work, it could be a safety switch or the pto switch causing you to get not power there. We need to verify whether or not you are getting voltage to the clutch before you can go any further.