JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Pull to start engine will not pull. Brand new mower...help?

Customer Question

white pull to start engine will not pull. Brand new mower...help?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Have you looked under the mower to be certain that there is nothing blocking the blade that might keep it from turning? Are you holding the engine control bail back against the handle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Has the mower been started any at all? You indicated that it is brand new, did you purchase it in a box and have to put it together yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was working fine for 10 minutes. then we stopped for lunch and now can't restart. It came put together.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Did anything out of the ordinary happen prior to your stopping the machine? Did you notice any weird noises? Did you stop the machine or did it die? Are you using the machine as a mulcher? If it was running and working fine prior then the first thing that I would suspect is grass build up under the mower that has the blade stuck, then I would look at the engine control bail to make sure that it is operating properly. Can you turn the blade manually by hand?