Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Troy bilt 32cc back pack blower will not start, sounds like

Customer Question

Troy bilt 32cc back pack blower will not start, sounds like absolutely no spark. It worked fine last time and every other time I have tried to use it. Checked and cleaned spark arrestor. Seems almost like the on off switch is in the off position, but it isn't.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is John and welcome to just answer. When did it last run ? , there is a chance that dirt has gotten in the switch and it's keeping it grounded , you can use a online spark tester to see if your getting spark at the plug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last ran 3 weeks ago, how do I do that spark test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actually, it's pretty clearly not getting any spark, how do I check the switch? Just open up the handle and look at it?
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

To see if it's the switch you can unhook the wires from it. To accurately check for spark you would need a spark tester that connects between the spark plug and coil .

If you unhook the wires to the switch the coil isn't grounded and should have spark , if it still doesn't it's the coil