Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I replace the belt on my Cub Cadet LGTX 1054 and the PTO

Customer Question

I replace the belt on my Cub Cadet LGTX 1054 and the PTO clutch is rotating on the shaft. I asked this question previously and the answer states that the clutch is held by a key. This item is supposed to stay stationary as the shaft rotates inside the
mechanism. When the clutch engages is must remain stationary beacuse there is an electricl connection that triggers the clutch to engage. If the mechanism rotates, the electical connection will be ripped apart. The PTO Clutch was not removed so I am confused
as to what happened to cause this issue.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

To keep the electrical wire from ripping out, there is a bracket or pin, that is called anti-rotation device. It is missing or out of position.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Here is a typical installation.