Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Husq323c wont stay running new carb new fuel filter what

Customer Question

husq323c wont stay running new carb new fuel filter what next?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Does it run any at all? Is this an idle issue or high speed issue? When do you find that it will not continue to run?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
starts with difficulty stalls immediately
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Have you check the compression on the machine? You need at least 90psi in order for the machine to start and run properly. If it gets below this it either will not start or will be extremely hard to start as well as it will not continue to run.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will have to check compression but it does run briefly will have to get back to u is there a way to return
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
name and phone number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have to lve lve answer please
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

You can come back to this post or question and continue our conversation at any time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
compression 125 lbs what next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
new carb new fuel filter lines good timing good plug im stumped
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

125 sounds really good, almost too good. I have seen machines with cylinder damage give false compression readings. If the compression is really 125 then this machine should fire up with little or no effort. Have you tried to adjust the carburetor high and low side screws to see if it makes any difference? If not, I would turn the high side screw out about an 1/8 of a turn and see if it makes a difference.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
removed muffler cylinder looks fine there turned out screws 1/2 turn will try again don't know factory settings im a little perplexed
no offense but all the things youre telling me ive tried
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Factory settings on the two screws should be 1 1/4 turns out from all the way in snug. If you installed this carburetor new it should have been preset from the factory, however you will sometimes have to tweak them once on the machine and running.

Based on the information that you have provided I am thinking that you have a seriously damage piston and cylinder. I will opt out of your question which will allow for one of the other experts here to add their thoughts if any.

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Usually you tighten the high and low screws until they are snug and back them out 1 1/2 turns , that's your rough adjustment . Also how old is the gas you are using ?