spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect
65057319

MF1560 with 3 cylinder Iseki engine. After running normally

Customer Question

MF1560 with 3 cylinder Iseki engine. After running normally for around 1.5 - 2 hours it will lose power and eventually stop. Seems to be starved of fuel. Fuel filter was recently replaced and problem has only begun since then.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

When you replaced fuel filter was it a OEM replacement or a different brand? (oem is a original replacement filter)

A lot of times the micron rating in non OEM filters is smaller, which does keep more junk out of carb but restricts fuel flow to much and will lean out engine and cause it to stall.

I would start by replacing fuel filter with a oem filter since this issue showed up after filter change.

While you are changing filter look for any garbage in inlet of old filter. Blow out filter from outlet into a clean coffee can to look at fuel quality and garbage,,if garbage clean out tank and replace lines as needed.

Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time from the web site.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
Thanks
spanky

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Would you please rate positively or accept my answer,,, if you don't the website does not share the fee you paid with me for assisting you.

Thank you