Jack
Jack, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Briggs & Stratton Kohler and MTD Tech. with over 15 years Small engine knowledge.
72783663

I have a troy-built two stage snow blower that will not

Customer Question

I have a troy-built two stage snow blower that will not move,everything else is fine
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

hello and thank you for asking for me, do you have the friction wheel off yet?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

about how old is the machine?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

please get back to me when you can if I am not online at that time I will get back to you asap thansk

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 12yrs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Friction wheel is off
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

first thing that I do when the unit is not moving is checking the belt and make sure it is driving the friction plate and if that is working correctly then I check the disk, it should be as close to the plate as possible with out touching it I would say a measurement is around 1/16 of a inch, if that disk in that close and when you then pull the handle to engage it then the dish should touch the plate, and if you spin the wheels then the force should turn the friction disk and inturn will turn the plate, so with that said. it is possible with that age the disk is worn, a disk looks almost rounded on the rubber area when new so if it is flat then you may need to replace, some machines have a adjustment on the disk assembly, can you give me the model and serial number from the unit? so I can look what machine we are working with.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mod 8526 12yrs friction wheel is off